Express Entry is one of the easiest and popular ways to immigrate and settle in Canada. This does not mean that everyone can easily move to the country using this entry. Express Entry is meant for skilled workers and is granted based on their education, work experience, language proficiency, age and other factors which will help them contribute to the country’s economy.

There are three different immigration categories under Express Entry:

  1. Federal Skilled Worker Program
  2. Federal Skilled Trades Program
  3. Canadian Experience Class

To know more about Express Entry, its eligibility, and requirements, visit this page. (Provide link) 

Federal Skilled Worker Program

If you meet the required education, skill, and work experience criteria, you can immigrate to Canada permanently through this program. To be eligible to apply for this program, you must earn at least 67 points out of 100 based on your achievements in 6 factors. If you achieve this score, you are in the Express Entry pool. From the pool, the highest-ranking candidates will be invited for permanent residence applications. The six selection factors are: 

  1. Education
  2. Work experience
  3. Age
  4. Proficiency in English and/or French
  5. Employment offer
  6. Adaptability

To know more about Federal Skilled Worker Program, its eligibility, and requirements, visit this page. (Provide link) 

Federal Skilled Trades Program

This program is for people who are qualified and experienced in any one of the eligible trades under the National Occupational Classification (NOC). These trades are listed as: 

Major groups:

72 – Industrial, electrical and construction trades,

73 – Maintenance and equipment operation trades

82 – Supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related    production

92 – Processing, manufacturing, and utility supervisors and central control operators

Minor groups:

632 – Chefs and cooks

633 – Butchers and bakers

Apart from this trade skill, you also need to meet language requirement (English or French), have at least 2 years of full-time or equal amount of part-time work experience in the specific trade, get a one-year valid job offer in Canada, and possess qualification certificate in your trade issued by a Canadian provincial, territorial, or federal authority.

To know more about Federal Skilled Trades Program, its eligibility, and requirements, visit this page. (Provide link) 

Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class is for skilled candidates who have at least one year full time or equivalent part time Canadian work experience and are seeking permanent residence in the country. Like in the other two categories, candidates also need to meet the language requirements. The program is aimed at helping foreign students and temporary foreign workers transit from a temporary status to permanent resident status.  
To know more about Canadian Experience Class, its eligibility, and requirements, visit this page. (Provide link)